Toxicity effect results show that sediment in the Wujin’gang River basin threatens sediment-dwelling organisms. The harmful effect was mainly caused by heavy metals especially Cd, Cr, Ni,
and Cu. Sediment dredging is an effective way to control pollution from internal rivers especially for the pollution of TN and heavy metals in the Wujin’gang River basin.”
“The quasi-static and fatigue performance of carbon and E-glass fibre reinforced tapered laminates was experimentally investigated. Utilising local strain measurements and digital photographs the load levels for delamination initiation were identified. In addition, the fatigue cycles for onset of delamination and growth to a predefined length, which defined the final failure criterion, were accurately evaluated. The data generated served as validation of a predictive methodology 3-MA order for onset of delamination and subsequent growth. The predictive methodology, which was based on a fracture mechanics approach, utilised the mixed mode fatigue delamination behaviour of the materials and finite element analysis of the laminates for evaluation of the strain energy release rate. Satisfactory prediction of the fatigue performance was obtained and the effect of fibre bridging, occurred MLN4924 mw during the test, on the fatigue life was demonstrated. (C) 2013 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.”
Children’s physical activity (PA) levels remain low, and schools are being asked to assume a leadership role in PA promotion. Research suggests outdoor recess contributes to children’s overall PA levels. However, similar research is not available for VX-680 nmr indoor recess, which occurs frequently due to a variety of factors. The purpose of this study was to describe PA levels and intensity during indoor recess using PA dance videos.
METHODS Fifty-four children (27 girls) wore accelerometers for 5days during indoor recess. Factorial analyses of variance were conducted to examine the differences in PA between sexes and across grades. RESULTS Participants averaged 17.66 (SD=2.82) minutes in indoor recess. On average, 22.22% (SD=12.72) was spent in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA), and 45.70% (SD=11.29) of time was spent in low-intensity physical activity (LPA) totaling 67.92% (SD=16.54) of total recess time. Boys accumulated a higher percentage of MVPA and total PA compared to girls. CONCLUSIONS Students engaged in PA 68% of indoor recess time, equaling almost 12minutes of PA during recess. Results suggest PA dance videos are 1 effective method for increasing elementary children’s PA during indoor recess as an alternative to sedentary activities.”
“The purposes of this study were to investigate the potential roles of miR-34c in regulating blood-tumor barrier (BTB) functions and its possible molecular mechanisms.